Thursday 20 November 2008

Snowboarding Roadtrip

Listening To: my patience with the Now 71 advert dwindle into a small puff of air.
Watching: my laptop-xbox stack with a strange mixture of pride and OCD-inspired fretting about the wires sticking out the side.

many a wonderment to be had - so a structured, but not bulleted, list is called for:

point one: stephen fry is following me on twitter. and i'm following him, obviously. this is one of the most queer internet-based feelings i think i've ever had, as stephen fry is something of an intellectual pop-culture hero to me. to sum it up - it's like a certain star trek character phoning up my 14-year-old self and telling me how their day was. i won't reveal which character, though. i have to have some privacy after all.

point two: xbox 360 update-o-rama, much. neat new redesign of familar old interface to emulate the wii. this point is actually preceded by point two beta, which is me making my xbox 360 wireless without forking out pocketfuls of cash for the micro$oft wireless bridge. did you see that? i said micro$oft. with a $$$. what a subversive scamp i am. so now i present you with my first screenshots thereof fully hencewith:


^ hey, for once, it took no time to download - thanks m$! (titt3r)


^ the digitized look of smugness as a girl is allowed to update her xbox without having to bugger about with 100ft of cat5 cable can be a terrible sight to behold

point three: i made my fancy-schmancy website live. i won't go into detail how clever it is because i've managed to create a stylish, standards-based, developer-baffling microsite that fits on one, plush, page. or maybe i just did. but anyway, i'm quite proud of it - i managed to make myself a happy customer, so i'm going to recommend me to my friends and family.

point four: i'm sure there was a point four

point five: i'm in the middle of a few days off, so rest assured of more bloggy goodness to follow. possibly with more humour. less content, more comedy - have you noticed?

Oh God Moment: comic book guy in the simpsons just spouted some serious geekspiel and i understood every single hideous tech-infested word of it.
Now I Remember Point Four: but i'm not going to tell you.

No comments: