Saturday 8 November 2008

Mad Blunted Jazz

Listening To: the pipes that run through my bathroom.
Wondering About: how to swallow my britishness and talk myself up in my forthcoming site.

if i was a topical blogger, i could remark on any number of things that have occured recently. luckily, this is more of a space to let the head unwind, and very few global issues trouble me sorely before i go to sleep at night, whereas small, personal problems vex me hugely. like when i'm going to turn the mattress over to avoid the sticky-uppy spring. also the state of my bedroom wall troubles me. i'm a very immediate worrier; it would take me quite a run-up to worry about anything bigger than this house.

lucky for you, gentle reader, that i'm in a relaxed mood, hey?

i have noticed (she said, fussing irritably with her duvet) that "mobile technology" and "wireless" can so often be synonyms for "uncomfortable body" and "awkward hands in process of aquiring rsi". while there's something about this wireless concept that makes me go a little crazy, carrying my acer round the house from room to room tucked proudly under my arm, once i finally rest myself and prepare to browse/view/read/work, i find that conventional furniture is not built for such activities. my mother spent a good two hours of net-time on this acer a few nights ago (while i attempted to interest her in my new copy of police squad. it's hard being an only child) and she adopted several increasingly tortured positions whilst browsing. she enjoyed herself immensely though, so i don't know what that says, really.

i'm not going to speculate further, though, on how the body may change to suit technology rather than the other way around, because that lends itself to yet another distopian slant, and i think there's far too much of that going on these days.

Do Androids Dream Of: being mechanical sausage rolls
I, Wireless: my dog has just walked straight over the top of me. more fool me?
Yes, Of Course I'm Happy About: the black guy getting in. but i'm always looking for The Catch. i'm suspicious of anyone who seems too good to be true...
Horoscope Angst: "It takes a lot less energy to explore the unknown than you might think." - no it doesn't. change is tiring. and tedious. and unsettling. i wish everything could stay the same. forever. especially the internet.

No comments: